We want to make Unsplash events accessible to everyone around the world, but we know it wouldn’t be possible without the help of you, the Unsplash community.
Over the past years, Unsplash members have volunteered their time to host gatherings, photowalks and events around the world, and we couldn’t be more grateful. Since then, more people have been wanting to participate in Unsplash’s offline community, and because of this, we decided to put together a quick help guide with everything you need to know to host an Unsplash event in your city.
If you want to host an Unsplash event, then we want to help you do that. But to make sure that we’re keeping the quality of the offline events consistent from city to city, we require you to have the following:
- An active Unsplash account (profile details filled out, submitted photos)
- Have hosted a previous event or have volunteer experience
- Have photography experience
We want to make it as clear as possible what hosting an Unsplash event means, and what the responsibilities and expectations are. We care very much about Unsplash’s brand and the experience people have at Unsplash’s offline events, so we want to give you all the information you need to make your event a success.
Your to do’s:
- Choose a date, place and time for your event, as well as the number of attendees you wish to invite. Unsplash should be notified at least 2 weeks before your event.
- If you’re organizing a photowalk, put together a planned route to send to your attendees before the event.
- Share the Eventbrite & Facebook event pages with your network.
- Engage with your attendees on Facebook in case they have any questions.
- On the day of the event, take a group shot with all your attendees to share in a blog post.
- After the event, document the event through a blog post, to be shared on Unsplash’s Event page. We require all of our events to be documented, so that we can show the community how awesome your event was and to inspire other people to get involved. Here’s an example of a documented event.
Unsplash to do’s:
- Create an Eventbrite page for your event.
- Create a Facebook page for your event.
- Share the event with the Unsplash community on social and by email.
- Be there to support any questions you may have along the way.
- Send you infinite thank you’s for your support in Unsplash’s journey!
How to get started
If all of this sounds great to you, and you’re excited about hosting an Unsplash event, please fill out this quick form to get started. Once filled, the Unsplash team will reach out to you by email.
We can’t wait for you to represent Unsplash in your community. We’re honoured.